But now that I have a smartphone, I have been able to use mobile coupons and achieved coupon success. But the app that I want to talk to you about today is not really a coupon, but a rebate. After buying the groceries, you receive actual cash (through Paypal, Venmo, or giftcards)!
Ten Steps to Make the $$$$$ with Ibotta:
1. Register via e-mail address, Facebook, or Twitter.
2. Under "rebates" tab, choose "category." I use grocery most often, but there are also home improvement and restaurants.
3. Choose a store. My stores are Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Homeland, and Family Dollar, but there are many other stores, depending on your zip code.
4. Choose a product from the store gallery. Products range from eggs to diapers to cough medicine. Most of the products are the same no matter which store you choose. Each product has a different rebate amount, ranging from twenty-five cent to three dollars.
5. For each product, there are three tasks, such as watching a commercial or sharing on Facebook. You don't have to do all of the tasks to receive money, but you have to complete ALL of the tasks to get ALL of the rebate.
6. After you have completed your tasks, go to the store and buy the products.
7. Under the redeem tab, verify items by scanning the bar codes of the products and take a picture of the receipt. Submit!
8. Ibotta will send you a notification that you have rebates pending and then a notification that you received the rebates. Ibotta says the confirmation takes twenty-four hours, but I have always heard back in less than a hour.
9. Connect via Paypal or Venmo to receive cash or transfer to a giftcard for movies, coffee, or iTunes.
10. Do it all over again! Rebates have expiration dates, but you can use them over and over while they are valid.